This Privacy Notice aims at informing you about the personal data that SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER collects and the rights you can assert on the use of your personal data.
We want to be as transparent as possible on the personal data we collect. Our goal is to present to you the SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER confidentiality rules in a clear and simple way, in order for you to understand which data SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER processes and for what purpose .
Identity of the Data Controller
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER is mainly a Data Controller. Processing is carried out under the Swiss Federal Data Protection Act dated 19 June 1992 (FDA/R.S 235.1) as well as the Regulation (EU) 2016 / 679 of the European parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regards to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter “General Data Protection Regulation”, “GDPR”).
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER is bound to respect the principles related to data protection. In application of these principles, personal data must :
- be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner ;
- be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- be accurate;
- be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed or for longer with consent of the person ; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures;
- be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data;
- be transferred outside of Switzerland or the European Union only if the recipient State has an adequate level of personal data protection or provide with appropriate safeguards.
In compliance with the data protection Regulation, you have the right to access, question, modify, and rectify all your personal data on file. You also have the right to object to processing of personal data for legitimate reasons as well as a right to object to the use of those data for commercial prospecting in accordance with applicable regulations. On request, you may receive a copy of your personal data and you may amend any personal data which is inaccurate or incomplete. SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER reserves the right to refuse any abusive request or one which is contrary to the Law.
If you wish to forward a request to us, please provide us with your external enquiry to the address : Data privacy officer, Quartier Nord EPFL, Route Louis Favre 2 1024 Ecublens, Switzerland.or using the contact us form on the website www.stcc.ch
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER’s mandate is to promote the cultural, social and economic development of Switzerland in support of the mandate of the EPFL campus SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER processes personal data in particular in line with its commercial requests for offers and as a result of signing a contract for an event. Processing for archiving purposes or statistical purposes are exempt from some legal obligations.
Purpose of the processing
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER uses personal data in order to undertake its activities, as described above. We can also use these personal data to communicate with you.
Information to users
In compliance with the data protection regulation, SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER informs you here about how it processes personal data
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER advises you in particular of:
- the name of the data controller ;
- the purpose of the processing ;
- the data recipient ;
- your rights ;
- the retention period.
Recipients of your personal data are mainly central services or SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER faculties, as well as some vendors or subcontractors for operational or analytical purposes.
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER keeps your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed, unless there is a consent by the person accordance with the applicable legislation. For analytical and statistical purposes the data is anonymised.
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER ensures the safety and the security of personal data by implementing enhanced data security through the use of data and logical security resources. We deploy appropriate measures at both the technological and organizational level to protect the stored personal data of our users from unauthorised access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction and accidental loss. These are consistent with the Good Practise and the latest regulations, considering the risks involved, to protect your personal data.
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER shares your personal data in compliance with the applicable legislation.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
Swiss Law is applicable. The place of execution and of jurisdiction is at the registered office of SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER.
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites and online services may use “cookies.” Cookies are small text files placed on the hard drive of your device.
There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once your exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off.
- Persistent cookies remain on your computer until you delete them or they expire.
Which cookies are generated by SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER?
When you access SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites, we can, according to your settings, install cookies on your devices, which will allow us to recognize your browser, during the validity time of the cookies.
The cookies that SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER generates allow us:
- to prepare statistics including frequency of access, the use and performances of websites.
- to adapt the presentation of SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites to the display preferences of your device (langage, operating system etc.)
- to memorize preferences and parameters (authentification)
- to enable you to access reserved or personal spaces on SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites,
- to improve our communication and services.
- to measure the performance of google adwords and search engine optimisation efforts.
- to be able to identify a specific user behaviour on the web if the user enters personal information which can then be linked to the cookie.
Which cookies are generated on our websites by third parties?
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers, in particular Google Inc..
The service offered by Google Analytics allows SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER to determine the number of hits on the site and to pinpoint the most frequently visited pages. Those cookies are introduced and read on user’s terminal Equipment and by accessing a web site., using the service “Google Analytics”. The information produced by the cookie are related to your use of SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites and to your IP address. This data is anonymised. For more information regarding Google Analytics, please refer to this website : http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can opt out of data collection or use by clicking the following links: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (requires you to install a browser add-on).
SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER may include applications emanating from third parties on our websites, which enable you to share the contents of SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites with others or to make these others aware of your visit to our websites, or your opinion. This is particularly the case of the “Share” and “Like” buttons, derived from social networks (such as “Twitter”, “Facebook”, “Instagram”, etc.). The social network that provides such an application button may identify you because of this button, even if you did not use this button when you visited our websites. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the social network concerned to follow your browsing on our websites, simply because your account for that social network account was activated on your device (you were logged in) whilst browsing SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER websites. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks in order to be aware of the purpose, particularly as regards advertising, of browser information that they may gather due to these application buttons. These protection policies must, in particular, allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, especially by programming your user accounts for each of these networks. SWISSTECH CONVENTION CENTER is not responsible for any damage related to any personal data transfers to these social networks due to simultaneous connection.
How to control cookies?
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but provide controls that allow you to block or delete them.
Please refer to your browser’s privacy or help documentation to find Instructions for blocking or deleting cookies. For example:
- Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ;
- Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html ;
- Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ;
- Firefox™ : http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies ;